Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The new and improved!

After a brief, but slightly longer than expected, time away from blogging - I am back! This past year has been filled (in short) with a lot of fun and laughs, stress, blessings and professional expansion.

The fun part: well that's easy as it can be quite entertaining having two toddlers running around. My daughter is almost 4 years old and my son turned 2 years old over the summer. The year was filled with trips to the beach, some boating, yummy BBQ, swimming and a trip to the zoo and one heck of a cold and snowy winter. I am quite blessed so I accept the chaos with love.

The stress: that can sometimes coincide with the two crazy toddlers, ha-ha. This seems to result from a number of factors. The stress of owning a home in a very expensive state (New York) in our struggling economy is extremely difficult. The stress of earning enough income to help provide for my family and our home. The stresses of life cannot be avoided but they make us stronger.

Professional expansion: I started my journey looking for part time work so I can contribute but still be able to raise my little girl. I "literally" stumbled on an ad for Virtual Assisting. "What was this? Is this for real? It must be a scam, it is too good to be true." I said this to myself over and over. That was almost four years ago! I started from the ground up with a virtual staffing agency providing virtual assistance for real estate agents, motivational coaches and retail providers. I am now proud to say that my experience has grown to the point where I can stand on my own and market and assist my very own clients. I still have loyalty to that company but in the essence of growth I "expanded" my business. Yes that's right, I said business. I work out of my home office with clients residing all across the country. I love what I do and I'm excited to share my experiences with you all.

Well, this was a brief overview of my experience this past year and an insight to what's to come with this blog. I will discuss my experience as a business owner and virtual assistant and offer advice and tips on the latest treads in the industry and social media marketing. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment